DECLUTTER your life!
I have been listening to a Belgian coach based in Canada, called Jean-Jacques Crèvecoeur. Every Friday, he posts a free Life talk on Youtube. I love the “Declutter your life” one.
In order to welcome change and move on, he says, we need to get rid of all the clutter in our life. This will allow to make room for the new. Think about it: wouldn’t it be great to move into a white canvas and start all over again? How exciting! New décor, new colours, new lifestyle, new adventures!
This time, after three important moves in our lives, Steve and I have decided to move light, with just our clothes in our suitcase.
Here is how:
1. Steve sold his machines as the Awl Leather Workshop in Australia, where he’ll set up his new workshop, has them all. When (if) we come back, he’ll just buy new ones or hopefully, he will find people who can make the bags for him!
2. I sent his tools, templates, cutting blades for his most popular bags as well as a few skins of leather via Airmail with Parcelforce. In all, 2 boxes and a roll for a total of £200 cost of shipping. Another 4 boxes of less important tools will be travelling by sea to be delivered in approximately three months.
3. Steve put his – very worn out – work jeans in the bin and bought new ones in Oz.
4. He has started looking at ways to import leather from our agent in the UK. They send leather to Oz all the time! What a great discovery! Plus, this could be an opportunity to source new types of leather and surprise you!
5. I shall buy a very large suitcase to take all my summer clothes (updated), best winter clothes, about 5 pairs of shoes and 2 winter jackets as well as some essential beach wear and towels. And of course, a few Pepe backpacks!